Some Entertainment Is Essential: 20 Topics for Papers about World Autumn Holidays
There are many holidays celebrated throughout the world some are celebrated by many (such as Christmas) and others that are rarer (Bosses Day, etc.) by a little number of people. When you are writing a paper for a college class about a fall holiday, you might be tempted to write a generic paper about the history of fall holidays, such as Halloween or Thanksgiving day. However, there are so many interesting and engaging topics that you could choose from. These topics will allow you to wow any audience and snag an ‘A’. Here are some ideas:
- What Specific Atmospheric Changes Cause Fall Weather and Conditions?
- What Happens to Our Hormone Levels In Fall — and Why Does Our Testosterone Peak In the Autumn Months?
- What Fall Harvest Traditions Exist Currently, and What Older Traditions Were Honored by Other Cultures?
- What’s the Deal With All the Pumpkin Spice?
- What Is The Dark History of Trick-or-Treating?
- Is Halloween More Irish Than St. Patrick’s Day?
- What Are Traditional Halloween Costumes and Why Are They More Sinister?
- The Modern Jack-o-Lantern: How It Has Evolved
- Is Halloween Really a Time for Romance?
- Why Does The Aspca Ban the Adoption of Black Cats During Halloween?
- How Did Thanksgiving Inspire the Advent of the TV Dinner?
- Why Are Americans So Obsessed With Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade?
- Does That Thanksgiving Turkey Actually Make You Drowsy?
- What Are The Origins Of Black Friday?
- What Are The Ins and Outs of Canadian, vs. American, Thanksgiving, and What Are the Similarities and Differences?
- What Are Some of The Odd Holidays of October – Why Do We Celebrate a National Popcorn Popping Month?
- What’s the Deal with Veterans Day – Why Don’t All Businesses Honor It?
- What Is The History of the Christmas-Thanksgiving Takeover — And Why Is Our Fall Celebration Season Is Becoming Shorter?
- If 91% of Americans Eat Turkey on Thanksgiving – What Do The Rest Eat?
- What Is The Significance and History of the American Presidential Turkey Pardon?
Fall is a time of whimsy, change, and celebration. Fall holidays have fascinating origins, and they certainly vary by culture and over time. If you’re exploring one of these topics, it might be interesting to think about your family history and the traditions that your particular community follows. Fall holidays are unique to every family. Consider interviewing family, friends, and older relatives to find out where your traditions fall. Writing a paper on these topics must be backed by research, but will be made infinitely more fascinating by incorporating your own history, preferences, and traditions. Whether you select one of these topics or come up with your own entertaining subject, your paper is sure to delight if you err on the side of the unusual. Take the time to research your topic carefully, and be sure to research the ins and outs of how various groups of people celebrate these holidays before you start to write!